How are you stuck? What can you do to free yourself?
I’m stuck because I’m afraid to trust my intuition, my instincts; fearful of going through that doorway and facing who I am and who I am meant to be. It’s as though I know there is knowledge and wisdom available for me to use on the other side of that door but I’m reluctant to explore it.
Change. The only thing that can free me is change. Rather than being a passive participant in my own life, waiting for Fate to determine what happens next, I need to grab that damned wheel and spin it. I need to be a true witch and be the change I want to see in my life. Whatever I want to become next, will be determined by my actions now. Hesitating serves no purpose; faintheartedness won’t produce the future I desire. So I need to decide what my destination will be and plot the route to get me there.
What are you concealing from others? Is the decision to do so empowering or weakening?
I often conceal aspects of my personality from others. It’s a defense mechanism and way to avoid unnecessary conflicts. I detest pointless arguments so I tend to avoid discussing politics (especially these days), sports etc. Temperance reversed also suggests I hide aspects of my personality from myself because in some calculation methods, Temperance is one of my birth cards. I think I’m more well-rounded and blended than I admit. There are hidden depths to my psyche (despite my glib claim to being as deep as a babbling brook).
The reversed 5 of Wands reinforces the point that hiding elements if who I truly am is a pointless endeavor; an effort in futility. On one hand I may not be as discreet as I like to think. On the other hand, why bother? At this point in my life being true to myself is more important than fitting in, not that I’m usually that successful at it.
I’m using Journaling the Tarot by Andy Matzner to come up with questions for my daily card reading. I let my Uni Tarot app randomly pull a card each day and then use that card to determine a question. Today’s card is Justice Rx so I selected this question from the options provided.
What do you need to do in order to be true to yourself?
My answer is the 6 of Wands crossed by the reversed Ace of Swords.
I need to find a challenge, a dare, a way to feel successful and appreciated. In order to achieve this I need to change my perspective; explore a new way of thinking.
Okay, that’s the abbreviated version. In Tarot Broad land that means I need to stop planning and do. Sometimes it’s too easy for me to get caught in my own head. I spend so much time thinking about and planning things that I never get around to actually doing them. The message here is to get my head out of my ass and get my ass in gear.
Of course that’s easier said than done sometimes. The reality is that there are serious limits on my mobility and flexibility, which explains why I got the Ace of Swords reversed. Clearly I need to find a new, different way of thinking about these things. I like to think of myself as unique, quirky, even a little bizarre,and yet I continue to try traditional ways of achieving my goals. I think this reading is telling me it’s time to think outside the box. Hell, it’s probably time to tear up the box all together and throw it away! Care to join me in a chorus of “I’ve got to be me”?
I’ve been giving a lot of thought to making changes in my life – to my blog, my online handle and my “career”. I’ll probably write a longer post about that in the coming days but this reading consolidates what I suspected. It’s time to get back to who I really am and what I really enjoy.
I can’t disconnect my creative energies from my heart. It’s difficult for me to try to earn money doing something I love. I realize that might sound strange but I work at things I do well not necessarily things about which I’m passionate. My salary supported my passions, my passions didn’t help me earn money. When I “have” to do something I love it becomes a chore and sucks the joy out of it.
TarotHunter’s Salt Rounds:
- You don’t believe you have it in you to make the choices necessary to pursue your dreams, but you’re wrong. The inner strength and fortitude is there just waiting for you to embrace it. Doing this will allow you to explore your dreams and heart’s desire so you can make them come true.
- You need to focus and narrow your choices a bit. Even the strongest, most determined person cannot achieve their desires if they are pouring out their energies into too many bowls; diluting their essence too much.
- You worry that being perceived as strong and in control will limit you, and it might depending upon the circumstances. However, consider something – do you want to keep swimming upstream in pursuit of dreams that force you to deny who and what you truly are? Embrace your strength; revel in your fierceness because at the end if the day if you can’t be true to yourself then what’s the point?
TarotHunter’s Salt Rounds:
- You are not listening to the messages the divine is sending you. Instead of trusting your heart, you’re forcing yourself to follow what you perceive as a logical, rational plan but it’s not giving you what you truly desire.
- You’re deceiving yourself that listening to the chattering of magpies is actually providing wise advice. Stop cutting yourself off from your soul and reconnect to your heart.
- In trying to protect your soft, inner self you are burying your head in the sand and ignoring the reality around you. Realize that listening to your heart and having a gentle nature can be a source of strength not weakness. Feeding on the remains if our victims does not make us strong, it takes us carrion.