Hmm, yesterday I drew the Queen followed by the 10 of Pentacles, today it’s the other way ’round. So clearly these energies still need to be explored further.
I think, in this instance, my ancestors are showing me the path to inner strength. They’re reminding me that I need to shuck the persona I wear for others and reconnect with my true inner self. It’s time to stop pretending. The best way for me to fully manifest and fulfill all my potential is to focus on what’s important to me. I need to find what I believe truly matters, not focus on what other’s think should be important to me. Once I’ve nurtured my inner and outer selves, honored my physical, spiritual, emotional and intellectual sides then I will become truly strong. That’s when I’ll be honoring myself and my ancestors.
TarotHunter’s Salt Rounds:
- In the past you’ve focused so much on your achievements that you didn’t consider whether you were happy about them. Now it seems as though all those accomplishments leave you unsatisfied and emotionally unfulfilled. It might be time to leave them behind and seek out what will satisfy your heart and soul.
- You’ve been resting on your laurels; letting yourself coast on past glories. This isn’t necessarily bad, but it is not very challenging or satisfying. Maybe it’s time to reprioritize and seek out new challenges that will make your heart & spirit sing.
- You’re not putting any effort into things anymore. You continue to do the work but your heart isn’t in it. Your enthusiasm has left the building. Maybe it’s time to revisit the things that you love in life and reprioritize. Find ways to become more enthusiastic and experience joy in what you do and what you accomplish.
TarotHunter’s Silver Bullets:
- Changes are coming that may lead to a shift in mindset; a reassessment of where you are and where you want to be.
- No matter how hard you try, you can’t escape change (trust me, I’ve tried). The best option is to try to prepare for it as best you can. Make plans so that you can get ahead of it. Consider different potential scenarios so that you can be ready to handle them. Just remember that fleeing willy-nilly is probably not the best solution.
- As David Bowie once sang about changes “turn and face the strange”. Trying to escape or protect yourself from change inevitably produces failure. Instead of running away from change, try embracing it, celebrating it and seeing where it leads you.
TarotHunter’s Silver Bullets:
- It’s time to claim sovereignty over your life and free your true nature.
- Don’t let the howls and barbs of others prevent you from being master of your world.
- Stability, a solid foundation and wise strategy can go a long way in helping you successfully implement plans and ideas.
TarotHunter’s Silver Bullets:
- Embrace new ideas and concepts. Let them lead you to new studies and learning opportunities.
- Ground yourself so that all these new ideas coming at you don’t become overwhelming. Taking on too much at once often leads to burnout.
- Enthusiasm and excitement can be great motivators but if you don’t have the willingness to do the work they will go nowhere.
The fact that I’m feeling so overwhelmed and burdened by responsibilities is causing me to let things slip through the cracks. I have an opportunity to reignite my spark but I have to take it. With all the obligations I’m burdened with right now I feel as though I don’t have the right to take time for myself but these cards are telling me that I need to change that perception.
If I want to create a better relationship with my spirit guides then I need to stop letting my responsibilities be an excuse and just do something. It doesn’t need to be elaborate. I think it’s a question of taking 10 minutes or so every day and just being more mindful and open to connecting with the spirit world. Right now I feel like a rat trapped in a barrel – I’m running in circles, using up all my energy and getting no where. I’m exhausted, drained and defeated. The only way I know to counter-act this is to take some time for myself; to be still and listen.
This isn’t exactly mind-blowing news. I know the answer and realize the Tarot is reinforcing what I already knew but have been avoiding. Small steps, baby steps – that’s all it takes. I don’t need to reach the goal line in a week. I didn’t get to this point in my life overnight so why I think the solution should be a quick fix is beyond me. To paraphrase Robin Byrd, I need to lie back, relax and get comfortable – at least for a few minutes every day.
The 7 of Air shows the coins of the I-Ching, an ancient Chinese oracle. I’m familiar with it although I’ve never used it. In the companion book Barbara explains that the Yin-Yang energy of the I-Ching should be the focus when this card appears. It suggests that the question already has the answer in it. In other words, I already know the answer to this and just need to focus on applying it.
The 4 of Cups reversed shows Brigid once again this time in her healer aspect. She is holding a chalice towards me with her left hand and a small flame hovers above her right. Whether I choose to accept the chalice is up to me. However I get the sense that if I want to move forward and heal myself in this area I need to accept the chalice.
One of the things I’ve realizing from the cards I’ve pulled this week is that the past continues to influence my behaviors. I may think I have left that behind and found healthier ways to deal with life but that’s just not the case. These insidious and subversive patterns and embedded in my brain cells. They can’t be rooted out until I acknowledge they exist and begin to take those steps to change them.
I have often written of knowing what I need to do and not doing it. I think that is the answer to this question. I can make a bulleted list of what will get me on track and remove these hindrances but I don’t do them. This dysfunction is familiar to me and as the saying goes “better the devil you know”. I’m hoping this devil and I have done our last dance. I’m sure we’ll still occasionally partner up – we’ve been engaged in this little contretemps for a long time, but it’s time to change up the dance card. Just because this devil knew me first doesn’t mean he knows me best. I know I can do this, I can make these changes and stop repeating these patterns but first I need a cup of tea.